Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 5~I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go Dear Lord... Even if It's the MTC for an Extra Week...LOL



I found a snail this week...

Oi People! 


What a crazy week it has been, where do I even start?

I guess I'll  start off with our TRC (teaching resource center? or something) lesson this week. We got to make a skype call with someone from São Paulo and give him a 30 min. lesson. His name was Marlo and he was super cool. Anyway we were giving the lesson on prayer and I'm in the middle of my spiritual story when we hear this loud roaring in the background. Apparently his neighbor was out with his weed-whacker and none of us could hear each other on either end. So he gets up and shuts the window, which didn't help much, and here we are trying to teach a lesson with what sounds like Mike Myers (is he the one with the chainsaw? I don't know.) in the background. Finally he gave up and said "I will tell him to be quiet" (in english), but by the time he came back it was time for us to leave. Sister Hall and I had a pretty good laugh about it later. 

This week we were also supposed to get our reassignments, but for some reason they haven't been giving them out on time. So we went to the travel office just to see if they would give them to us anyways (we weren't expecting anything). We get in there and ask about them and they look up all of our names and the lady looks super confused because we weren't on any list for reassignments or anything. So she asks her boss lady what's up and she doesn't know either so she tells the other lady to call up our agents and ask what's going on. She does that, looks super confused, writes down some stuff and then tells us for some reason they don't know why we aren't on the list. To make a long story short, she said we might be in the MTC for AN EXTRA WEEK!!!! I find this pretty hilarious. I think it just puts into application "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord", even if it is still in the MTC. 

Now for some good stuff that have happened. Of course we had 4th of July this week! Hooray America! We had a pretty sweet devotional by President Judd (he's a religious professor at BYU and a Branch President here) followed by some fireworks that we got to watch outside. We didn't get back till 11:00! Past my bedtime for sure. There was one thing President Judd talked about that I really liked. He gave this analogy of a cake and said "You don't have to eat the whole cake to know that it tastes good." I don't even remember what he was talking about for that specific analogy, but I think it is true. I don't know everything that God knows, but I don't have to know everything that He knows to know that the Church of Jesus Christ is true. I know it with all my heart.

We also had a very spiritual experience teaching this week. After we got done with one of our lessons, the Sister told us that every time a question came to mind, we answered it word for word as she needed it. This was very reassuring that we are not teaching lessons, we are teaching people and Christ is there with us every step of the way to help us. He wants his work to be furthered, we just have to trust that he will help us. 

Something I've thought about this week: It can be easy to remember that the Lord has a plan for our lives, but we should also be mindful that God has a plan for us everyday. We can't be a tool in the hands of the Lord if we are sitting around wasting His time. A servant serves. I hope that makes sense.

Eu amo vocês!! E obrigada por todas coisas!

Love,
Sister Lockhart