Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week 3~The Gift of Tongues is Real...


My humble abode


Oi Everyone!

Tomorrow hits the 3 week mark of my stay at the MTC, which means only 3 more weeks to go. I think in about a week or two we will find out if our visas have come or if we're being reassigned. It's like getting a new mission call all over again, which is exciting.

This week was a lot better than last week. Sister Hall and I didn't forget any Books of Mormon this time for our lesson, so that was an improvement. Teaching is getting better as well. The neat thing about only teaching in Portuguese is you're forced to really simplify the lessons, which is good, because no one wants to hear a 45 minute lesson. And you can focus more on the investigator's needs.

The Portuguese is coming along for those who want to know. I'm not worried about the language. With study and practice it will come. And I really have learned so much. I mean, carrying on conversations and having discussions all in Portuguese and actually being able to understand people when they talk in just three weeks of being here....yeah, the gift of tongues is real...

I wish I had more interesting stories, but routine doesn't really change week to week in the MTC. One time a bird almost killed us. And one time I made a 3 pointer in basketball during gym time. That's about as crazy as it gets. 

We've been studying a lot about the Holy Ghost this week. You know what's cool? The Book of Mormon is the most correct book on this earth. And since the Holy Ghost testifies of truth, there's no way the Holy Ghost couldn't testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. Anyway, just a thought.

 Thanks for all the emails... until next time,

~Sister Lockhart