Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 58~The Work of Angels


This is me trying to be taller than Emily

Good morning America! 
This week was cool. We got to meet our new mission president and his wife and his daughter this week and wow! They are amazing. President Thomas is the most humblest man I have ever met (other than my dad, awww). And Sister Thomas is so cute and Emily their daughter speaks very good portuguese for being here for a couple of weeks. We had an activity to meet them and they talked a lot about our personal conversion as a missionary. He is also going to let us continue drinking coke. hahaha.

This week was kind of a blur. We found a woman named Paloma this week who seems pretty interested in the church and wants to learn more. When we taught her the Restoration, she said she had never heard anyone claim these things before, but that she would like to know if it´s true. We also found a girl named Victoria who is the daughter of a less active and has some mental issues, but we´re helping her understand how the Atonement of Jesus Christ can help. She is reading the Book of Mormon and her mom said that they will go to church this sunday! When we arrived at her house yesterday, she was crying, and said when we arrived at the door, she was praying to God to send help. I´m really thankful that the Holy Ghost was the Senior companion that day.

Geraldo is getting better with his drinking problem. He didn´t drink 3 days during the week! Iago, his son, is helping us help him now. He said that I´m not allowed to leave this area until Geraldo is baptized.. Hahah so I might be staying here until the end of my mission. We´ll see! 

Let´s see, what else. I stepped in hole and fell again this week, so my knees are pretty banged up. Oh and we did a division with the Sister Training Leaders which was fun. And that´s about all I remember for this week. In one week I´ll be getting a new companion. There´s a brasilian sister in the MTC now who is waiting for her visa to go to the......Raleigh North Carolina Mission! Hahaha! And it´s possible that she will be reassigned to serve in this mission, so that´s really cool.

That´s it for this week! Love you all!
Love,
Sister Lockhart
​I´m standing on a plank of wood that leads to a house...about15 feet below is a river of sewage... hahah