Friday, February 12, 2016

Week 36~Week of Carnival


Museum of Art of Sao Paulo
Hey folks, 
it´s thursday after Carnaval, which might actually be worse than Carnaval itself in terms of the work because everyone is traveling. Rich people. But the good news is, Julia and Rafael, the family we are working with, probably won´t go to there other house this weekend so they can go to church! Pray everything works out!

This week we had transfers and our little house stayed the same, but the zone changed completely. Another zone, Casa Verde, which is located next to the MTC here in Brasil, closed and they are in our zone now. So we have a total of 20 missionaries, which is interesting, but fun. Really this past transfer FLEW by, which is kind of scary because they say it passes much quicker the longer your on the mission. Ahhhh! I need more time! Lol!

This week we found Regiani and Wellington coming home from work, our investigators who came to church one week, but didn´t want to come back. Regiani has been searching for a job and told us that she decided to pray to God to help her and the following week she found a job! She told us too that she finally started reading the Book of Mormon too! But this week they moved to another city closer to work and in a house that is located in a safer area. But we are very happy for them, and this is just a miracle that testifies to me the blessings of the gospel! 

Nothing much else happened this week so I´ll just share one of my favorite scriptures from the Book of Mormon. It´s 1 Nefi 11: 16-17 when the angel is showing the prophet Nefi all the things that his father saw. 16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescensionof God?
 17 And said unto him: know that he loveth his children;nevertheless, do not know the meaning of all things.  Anyway, I love this scripture because, I, like Nephi, don´t know everything, especially when it comes to portuguese sometimes, but I know God loves all of his children. That´s why he calls prophets to guide us, that´s why he gave us the Plan of salvation, so that we can live with our families forever, and that´s why he gave us His Son, so that we can be purified of our sins and live with Him again. All because of the love of a Father. Just food for thought.
And now something funny: I was teaching a Sister in the ward piano this week and she wants to learn how to just play hymns, but I´m trying to teach her to read music too and she told me ´´I´m not paying to see music, I´m paying to hear music!!´´ and I was like ´´Irmã, you´re not paying me at all!´´ LOL I died.
That´s all for this week! Until Monday! Love, Sister Lockhart 
Whoop!
My Planner
says... "Do what needs to be done, make any sacrifice that is necessary in order to serve a mission." 
~Elder Costa