Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 11~My Nickname is Casper...


Oi everyone! 

This week I was told "You have the whitest skin I've ever seen!!!" 
#storyofmylife

Anyway, Sister Fletcher went home on Wednesday so it's kind of weird just the two of us. It's nice though because now I actually get to talk during lessons. That'll probably change again here soon in Brazil. 

Nothing too exciting happened this week. We were supposed to have a baptism this Saturday with Trinity, but she talked to her dad and he agreed that she can be baptized in September. So it looks like I won't be having having any baptisms here in Bountiful, but that's okay. I've helped a lot of people in other ways. We did have a little miracle though. We were returning late for a lesson and we weren't going to be able to make it home on time. So Sister Ursaga said a prayer out loud and after I said that no one is probably going to stop because it's dark and no one will see us. But what do you know not 5 minutes later a sister pulls up next to us and gives us a ride home. We made it home 2 minutes before we were supposed to be inside. The Lord takes care of his missionaries. I haven't learned much from my trainer about teaching, but she has taught me a lot about being grateful. When we're walking on really hot days she will say something like "Thank you Heavenly Father for this wind on a very hot day." Stuff I don't even think about. She's very good like that. 

Since I probably won't be able to email next week (because I'll be on a plane to Brazil!!) I'll just tell you everything that will happen this week. On Wednesday we have a mission tour with a few members of the seventy which should be way cool. Then on Thursday, Elder Evans is coming and we are going with him and the stake presidency to visit less active people. I'll try to get a picture with him. Then on Friday we get to go to the temple! It's going to be awesome. Then on Sunday I'll go to the departing devotional and Monday I'll leave. I would go into more detail, but the people next to me are quoting SpongeBob episodes very loudly and I can't concentrate. But I'll have plenty to talk about next week.

 Thank you for all your prayers and support. Love you all!

Love, 
Sister Lockhart
Sister Hall and I at Sister Fletcher's Farewell Party
Marylou & I... 
Her grandfather was Abraham Smoot
 who has a building and a statue named after him at BYU